Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chants and Songs-Month Topic on Natural Witches fb group


CHANTS & SONGS-Month of August topic
by Amanda unless otherwise marked plus some links.

August 1

We All Come From The Goddess

We All Come From The Goddess
And To Her We Shall Return
Like A Drop Of Rain
Flowing To The Ocean

Healing Chant

Around the Circle, Throughout and about,
Healing within, healing without.
All health come in, all illness flee,
And by our will, So Mote It Be!

August 2

God Chant

Hoof and Horn, Hoof and horn, hoof and horn
All that dies shall be reborn
Vine and grain, vine and grain
All that's cut shall rise again

God Chant II

Lord Lord guide us
Be beside us
Earth, Air, Fire, Water
Bring Him here

God Chant III

"Pan is All, All is Pan,
Come, oh Goat God, come again!
Io Pan!" Evoe, Ho! Iacche! Hail, O Hail!

Goddess Chant

Isis, Astarte, Diana, Hecate, Demeter, Kali - Innana


Goddess Chant II

We are the flow
We are the ebb
She is the Weaver
We are the Web


Goddess Chant III

Lady weave your Circle tight
Spin a Web of glowing light
Earth, and Air, and Fire, and Water
Bind us to Her

Blessing Chant

May the power of The One,the sourse of all creation; all-pervasive,omnipotent,eternal;may the Goddess, the Lady of the Moon;and the God,Horned Hunter of the Sun;may the powers of the tones,Spirits of the Stones,rulers of the elemental realms;may the powers of the stars above and the Earth below,bless this place,and this time,and I who am with you.*
By:Evelyn Bumbaugh

August 3

Elemental Chant

Air I am,
Fire I am,
Water, Earth, and Spirit I am

Invocation

You who are the source of all power,
Whose rays illuminate world,
Illuminate also my heart
So that it to can do Your work

“Earth My Body”

Earth my body
Water my blood
Air my breath (and)
Fire my spirit

August 4

The Element Chant(Traditional)

Found http://www.spiralrhythm.net/

Earth my body, water my blood.

Air my breath, and fire my spirit.

Descants: Christian Williamson


I am born of the elements.

I am born of the elements.

I am born of the elements.

I am born of the elements.


Earth my body soil and sand,

Make me strong heart and hand.

Water my blood flowing strong,

Lead me with your healing song.

Air my breath blowing true,

Let my life take flight in you.

Fire my spirit burning bright,


Lead from darkness into light.

I am born of the elements.

I am born of the elements.

I am born of the elements.

I am born of the elements.

“Air I Am”

Air I am, Fire I am,
Water, Earth and Spirit I am!
God I am, (name) I am, Son,
Lover, Horned One I am!
Goddess I am, Woman I am
Maiden of the Moon I am!
Goddess I am, (name) I am,
Maiden, Mother and Crone I am!

“She Changes”

She changes everything She touches
And Everything She touches changes.

Protection Chant

"I am protected
By Your Might,
O Gracious Goddess
Day and Night!"

Will of Magick

Air Breath and Air blow
Make the Mill of Magick go!
Work the Will for which I pray!
Io! Dia! Evoe!

Fire Flame and Fire Burn
Make the Mill of Magick Turn
Work the Will for which I pray!
Io! Dia! Evoe!

Water heat and Water boil,
Make the Mill of Magick toil
Work the Will for which I pray!
Io! Dia! Evoe!

Earth without and Earth within
Make the Mill of Magick Spin!
Work the Will for which I pray!
Io! Dia! Evoe!

Mother of darkness, Mother of light
Earth beneath us, soul in flight
Songs of love and love of life
Guide us to our hearts.
By:Wendy Fletcher Jaques

August 5

“Spirit of the Wind”

Spirit of the Wind carry me home
Spirit of the Wind carry me home to myself

Spirit of the Ocean, depth of emotion
Spirit of the Sea, set myself free

Spirit of the Rain, wash away the pain
Spirit of the Storm, help me be reborn

Spirit of the Sun, warm light healing one
Spirit of the Sky, spread my winds and fly

Spirit of the Earth, help me with my birth
Spirit of the Land, hold me in your hand

Spirit of the River, blessed forgiver
Spirit of the Shore, shows me more and more.

I am protected by your might, Oh Gracious Goddess, Day and Night.
By:Sarah Scram

August 6

“Chant for Self-Esteem”

Earth, Water, Fire, Air
Within me all things are there
Flesh on my bones is like the Earth
It’s soft but strong and full of worth
The blood that flows within my veins
Is like the ocean, river and rain
My spirit soars and takes me higher
Here is where I keep my fire
My breath and thoughts are like the air
I can do everything and go anywhere
Earth, Water, Fire and Air
Within me all things are there
And so I pledge unto myself
Power, Love, Health and Wealth.

Protection Chant

"Thrice around...
The circle's bound!
Evil sink into the ground!"

August 7

“River Chant”

The river flowing
Flowing and growing
The river is flowing
Back to the sea
Mother Earth carry me
Your child I'll always be
Mother Earth carry me
Back to the sea

“A chant to free your spirit”

I am the four winds
I breath and am by their presence
I am the elements and their family
They are my kin
I am the freedom of the wind
I am the agility of the fire
I have the humor of electricity
My love of nature from the earth
My ignorance the darkness
my truth I tell the light
my attitude the ice
Of these things I will always be
Blessed Be

August 8

A "finding" chant
by: Amanda Rackliff

Powerful Goddess
Sacred and Divine
I ask of you now
Help clear my mind
Masterful God
Sacred and Divine
Help me now
My *item* to find

(Change "item" for what you are searching for... pen, keys, etc.)

Prosperity Chant

"By star light and candle bright
I cast this spell into the night.
Prosperity wax;
Abundance flow,
Bring me now unto my goal.
Money, money come to me.
It is my will,
So mote it be!'

All purpose chant

"Full Moon & candles,
magic times three
we summon the power
so mote it be !

August 9

“Kore Chant”

Her name cannot be spoken,
Her face was not forgotten,
Her power is to open,
Her promise can never be broken. (spring)
All sleeping seed She wakens
The rainbow is Her token,
Now winter’s power is taken,
In love, all chains are broken. (fall)
All seeds She deeply buries,
She weaves the thread of seasons.
Her secret, darkness carries,
She loves beyond all reason.
She changes everything she touches
And everything She touches changes (repeat)
Change is, Touch is, change IS.
Change us, Touch us, change US.
Everything lost is found again
In a new form, in a new way.
Everything hurt is healed again,
In a new life, In a new day.

August 10

*Dancing With Dragons* by D.j. Conway
The Sun is out.
The day is bright.
The dragons dance upon the grass
And trees and flowers brilliant.
On the winds they pass.
In and out among the clouds
They frolic in the light,
Sliding down the sunbeams,
Dragons crystal bright.
When the Sun has passed beyond
Mountains turned purple-blue,
The dragons dance on through the night
On strands of Moon-lit dew.
They dance to strains of music
Unheard by human ears,
As they have danced through eons,
Untouched by human years.
Teach me,lovely dragons,
To dance with joy life's plan,
To lift myself to higher planes
Above the limits of common man.

“Circle Round”

Circle round for freedom
Circle round for peace
For all of us imprisoned
Circle for release
Circle for the planet
Circle for each soul
For the children of our children
Keep the circle whole!

“Blessing of the Elements”

Blessed Be the precious and preserving Air
the breath of life, of inspiration and delight.
Blessed Be the precious and preserving Fire
the blood of life, our warming guest.
Blessed Be the precious and preserving Water
the water of life, our cleansing guest.
Blessed Be the precious and preserving Earth
the flesh of life, our sustainer and our wisdom.

August 11

Car protection Chant

"Taliesin, Merlyn, and Cerridwen
Protect me now, your safe guard send.
Help me see clearly, on every street.
No accidents, no harm, I will meet.
Copper star, by my fingers made,
Protect me on this very day
Keep me in your orange glow,
behind the wheel, I'm in control.
East then South, then West and North
All directions guarded, from this day forth.
By the law of three, so mote it be.

Lammas Chant (for next year)

Ashes to Ashes, dust to dust
We shall go as we can and do as we must.
The body may die but the Spirit is Free
To do greater wonders, so mote it be!

Ashes to ashes, clay to clay
We shall seek for our center and find our own way
The flesh may be blind but the Spirit can see
The Gods within all, so mote it be!

Ashes to ashes, sand to sand,
We will use all our talents to heal our great land
The flesh may be weak, but the Spirit in me
Is full with Her blessings, so mote it be!

*Perform as a chant, begin as a whisper and increase the volume as the collective level of energy grows.

August 12

Healing Rune (chant)

This is the spell that we intone,
Flesh to flesh and bone to bone.
Sinew to sinew and vein to vein,
And each one shall be whole again.

Chant for inner strength

"Strength of day,
Strength of night,
Give me strength beyond my sight"

* Say 3 times

August 13

Dragon Protection Chant

Mighty Dragons of the North, East, South and West
Guard me as I play and rest
Wise Merlin be my guide
Show me the mysteries the future hides
Come and visit me in my dreams
Show me the answers to past and future mysteries
Watch and guide me as I grow
The answers that I seek, forever show

Chant to find lost items

"bound and binding,binding bound
See the sight, hear the sound
What was lost now is found
Bound and binding, binding bound"

* Say 3 times.

August 14

Chant for Self-Esteem

Earth, Water, Fire, Air
Within me all things are there
Flesh on my bones is like the Earth
It's soft but strong and full of worth
The blood that flows within my veins
Is like the ocean, river and rain
My spirit soars and takes me higher
Here is where I keep my fire
My breath and thoughts are like the air
I can do everything and go anywhere
Earth, Water, Fire and Air
Within me all things are there
And so I pledge unto myself
Power, Love, Health and Wealth.

The God Chant

Pan, Herne, Osiris, Priapus
Ba'al, Dionysis, Apollo, Lugh...

Hoof & Horn

Hoof and Horn, Hoof and Horn,
All that dies shall be re-born
Vine and Grain, Vine and Grain,
All that falls, shall rise again!

"Vine and Grain", in some versions, is replaced by "Corn and Grain"
Found:www.wicca-chat.com

August 15

O Great Spirit, Earth, sun sky and sea --
You are inside, and all around me!
(Repeat as desired, either straight, or as a "round")

Fur and feathers and scales and skin
Different without but the same within
Many of body but one of soul
Through all creatures are the Gods made whole!

August 16

The Earth, the Water, the Fire, the Air,
Return, return, return, return....

Moon, moon, Mother moon;
Mother, Mother, Moon, Moon....

August 17

I sing to the Mother Gaia
I sing to the Father Sun
I sing to the living in the garden where
The Mother and Father are One.

Earth-my body, water-my blood; Air-my breath and Fire-my Spirit

August 18

A healing chant that I wrote for my son when he was about 6 years old. I would have him carry an acorn and chant:

"Healing nut of mighty tree,
Take this pain away from me."

Spirit of Fire, come to us, we will kindle a fire (repeat)
We will kindle a fire - dance the magick circle round
we will kind a fire, we will kindle fire.

Spiraling into the Center, the Center of the Wheel -
Spiraling into the Center, the Center of the Wheel
We are the Weavers, we are the woven Ones
We are the Dreamers, we are the Dream!

August 19

Holy Maiden Huntress Artemis, Artemis - Maiden, come to us.
Silver Shining Wheel of radiance, radiance - Mother, Come to us.
Ancient Queen of Wisdom Hekate, Cerridwen, Old One, Come to us.

Ancient Mother, I hear You calling,
Ancient Mother, I hear Your song.
Ancient Mother, I hear Your laughter,
Ancient Mother, I taste Your tears.

August 20

"We All come from the Goddess
and to Her we shall return,
Like a drop of rain,
flowing to the ocean.

We all come from the Sun God
and to Him we shall return
Like a spark of fire,
Rising to the Heavens."

Isis, Astarte, Diana, Hecate, Demeter, Kali, Inanna.

Osiris,Adonis,Apollo,Odin,Zeus,Shiva,Cernunnos (or others)

Earth~Air~Fire~Water Elemental Chant

The Earth, the Air, the Fire, the Water
Return, return, return, return.

Aye-ay, aye-ay, aye-ay, aye-ay,
Aye-oh, aye-oh, aye-oh, aye-oh.

Another lovely chant, which I found on YouTube, so thought I'd share.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RL_mgx-3L4&feature=related

i tried to put my hand to a protection chant for my loved ones.
winds of the north,south,east and west,
wise mother you know best
please protect my loved ones
from that which is an unneeded instance
By:Atheyutu-Darkskye Daeva

August 23

HALLOWEEN CHANT

This chant can be outdoors around a bonfire or inside around an extra large altar candle.

Fire red, summer's dead,
Yet shall it return.
Clear and bright in the night,
Burn, fire, burn!
Dance the ring, luck to bring,
When the year's a turning.
Chant the rhyme at Hallows time,
When the fire's burning.
Fire glow, vision show
Of the heart's desire,
When the spell's chanted well
Of the witching fire.
Dance the ring, luck to bring,
When the year's a turning.
Chant the rhyme at Hallows time,
When the fire's burning.
Fire spark, when nights are dark,
Makes our winter's mirth.
Red leaves fall, earth takes all,
Brings them to rebirth.
Dance the ring, luck to bring,
When the year's a turning.
Chant the rhyme at Hallows time,
When the fire's burning.
Fire fair, earth and air,
And the heaven's rain,
And blessed be, and so may we,
At Hallows time again.
Dance the ring, luck to bring,
When the year's a turning.
Chant the rhyme at Hallows time,
When the fire's burning.

August 21

*The Parting Song*
The Circle is Open, But Unbroken,
May the Lord and the Lady be Ever in your Heart!
Merry Meet and Merry Part,
and Merry Meet Again!

*Dragon Chant*
This chant should enable you to leave your body and go to the sacred place you desire.
Chant:

Dragon come take my spirit
make it rise
make it fly
make it free to fly above the seas

chant this over and over again and you will soon find yourself floating above your body while it is still down below chanting.
Found:www.wicca-chat.com

Here is one that is often sung in parts:


Part 1:
"Everything lost is found again,
in a new time, in a new day.
Everything hurt is healed again
in a new time, in a new way --"

Part 2:
"She changes everything She touches,
and everything She touches, changes.

Part 3:
"She is the weaver who weaves the night sky-
See how She weaves, see her fingers fly -
She will will be with us from beginning to end -
Our grandmother, our sister our friend!

Part 4:
She changes everything She touches,.... (rpt whole thing)

Part 5:
We are changers, everything we touch can change.

Part 6:
Change us, touch us, touch us, change us!

August 22

"Hoof and horn, hoof and horn
all that dies shall be reborn -
Corn and grain, corn and grain,
All that falls shall rise again."

Power Chant

Now is the time
Now is the hour
I'm the magick
I'm the power!

August 24

Earth Fire Chant

Earth fire, always calls me home
Earth fire, melts this heart of stone
Earth fire, shouting out my name
Earth fire, changing and the same

August 25

A Solstice Eve Chant

The geese fly high
The woods are bare, the snow is deep.
We wait for Herne to sound His horn
To wake his children up from sleep
To celebrate this happy night,
When winter may be put to flight.

August 26

A Yule-Fire chant (traditional Scottish)

The Sacred Three
To save,
To shield,
To surround
The Hearth,
The House,
The Household,
This eve,
This night,
Oh! this eve,
This night,
And every night,
Each single night.

Links:
http://www.sanfords.net/Pagan_Humor_and_Thoughts/chants.htm
http://www.soulrebels.com/beth/chants.html
http://www.angelfire.com/nc/tigerheart/Chants.html
http://www.wicca-chat.com/chants.htm
http://www.divasbotanicals.com/Chants/pagan_chants.htm
http://www.earthspirit.com/mtongue/chtlib/chtlifr.html
http://www.en-chant-ment.ca/chants.html

No comments:

Post a Comment